Thursday 1 June 2017

🇼🇸Samoan Language Week 🇼🇸

WALT: reflect completing a task based on Samoan Language Week.



I just finished completing a task based on Samoan Language Week, because this week is Samoan Language Week!!! There was all sorts of questions like for example, your favouirte samoan person, the distance between New Zealand & Samoa, The capital of Samoa & New Zealand, and many more questions that has helped me extend my knowledge on the Samoan Culture. I was not only able to learn about the capital cities, or the biggest villages of Samoa, but I was able to dig deep into the opening greeting (Hello), and also how to say Goodbye, which could be a goal I could work towards in the future by practising new words in a different unfamiliar culture I don't often use at home.

Something I enjoyed about this task was that I was able to adapt into another unfamiliar culture, and which was something I enjoyed mainly because it was deeper than just research it was getting to know the culture on it's own!

Next time though I would like to work on asking more questions in both the English and Samoan language, and also learning phrases I could use in class for the next week since it's Samoan Language Week, and I could maybe even use them at home getting my family to not only speak English, & Tongan but also Samoan adding another interesting language to the family.

What do you think about this? & Do you know anything about the Samoan culture!

Well, click the emoji of the Samoan Flag to access a website full of facts about Samoa - 🇼🇸

Please leave a comment below with feedforward, feedback, and also suggestions on how you think  I could improve on the area Languages in my learning! 

Image result for samoan flag

Thanks for viewing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment