Wednesday 14 June 2017

๐Ÿ“ Manaiakalani Ambassadors Day Presentation ๐Ÿ“

IALT: reflect on finally having the ability to present my presentation to the crowd of the Manaiakalani Visitors!

So this morning... 8.30AM hit and it was time for me to leave to Sommerville Special School in order for me to present my work. As I was in the vehicle , nearly reaching my destination.. All Miss Aireen, and myself could think about was good tips for me to work on today. For example speaking loudly, clearly, and slowly. It felt to me that I practiced my presentation a million times.. but yet when I was the first person to present the only thing that was in my stomach was the nerves and butterflies. Though it was fun presenting all over again...!
Image result for presenting
Something I liked while presenting and watching others present was that I was able to develop more knowledge about not only their school topics so far but also how much of their school topic/focus they know about it?! One presentation that I really liked was about G.I. It talked about how you should really prioritize your community, and I found that really engaging throughout myself presenting. I also learnt a lot from some of the presenters that had presented themselves for example...
  • Use hand gestures
  • Speak Loudly/Clearly/Slowly
  • Ask questions that will hook in your audience
And many more helpful tips I can use in presenting myself, or my work in the future. We even came across year 9 presenters from disabled school from Sommerville, or Edgewater College's Special School... and also a year 9 current student which was from Tamaki College.. located in Glen Inness.

Image result for presenting

Once all presenters were through with presenting their presentation it was up to the audience to give some feedback and feedforward. I found this very helpful even though I wasn't able to catch the name of some audience members giving this helpful, and supportive feedback, and feedforward.

For myself, next time I would like to work on speaking much slower therefore maybe the audience will understand the message I am trying to send out! 

Any advice? Or feedback? From my blog viewers?

Please leave a comment below!
Many Thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment