Monday 3 July 2017

๐Ÿ“š Reading With My Peers - Reflection ๐Ÿ“š

IALT: reflect on how I read with my peers during reading buddies time.

As we were packing up from Free Fun Monday, when we directed ourselves to Room 3 because of Reading Buddies, all of the buddies were taken from other peers in my class so I decided to buddy with Ana, and read to each other. The book we read about was mainly about Pukeko's but not only did this add more knowledge to mine knowledge of Pukeko's but it also helped me realise how Ana and myself can improve on our reading skills.

Image result for pukeko book

As we reflected on the things we had learnt from the book a lot of thought went into our answers. For example instead of just giving a simple answer we both tried answering the questions to the best of our abilities.

My next steps in reading, is to identify the difference of a year 8 reading and a year 2-3 reading. What similarities do these reading ages have?

A challenge I found difficult was combining my knowledge before reading the book about Pukeko's with the knowledge I now had learnt after reading the book. The reason for that was because I didn't know as much in fact I felt as if I knew nothing but I found reading this book very helpful in extending my knowledge in Pukeko's.

Image result for pukeko

Something I found very fun and enjoyable was reading with my peers, and someone my age level than helping out the young ones. Not that I don't like reading with them but different changes can be positive as well.

Do you have much knowledge on Pukeko's?

Please leave a comment down below for me to use in the future.

Many Thanks....

0 comments:

Post a Comment