Saturday 8 July 2017

🇳🇿New Zealand's Historic Facts - Winter Learning Journey 🇳🇿

IALT: summarise text I have read based New Zealand history.

With finally signing up for the Winter Learning Journey (WLJ), I have found myself in successfully completing the first task given... In relation of reading and summarising.

Image result for new zealand

With our first task it was all about reading, learning and summarising. I accessed a website full of original content, and truthful information about the country I live in, Aotearoa New Zealand, which is here for you to view. (Click HERE). There are many sections in this website talking about things such as.. how much Kiwi's love the outdoors, New Zealand's sporting field history and much, much I was able to discover as I was reading in this journey of my learning. In completing this task  I was to choose 3 facts in summarising into my own words. The aim of this task was not to easily copy and paste the text written by another. 

My 3 facts were based upon why we have so many visitors?, New Zealand's most popular known sport, and also how why Kiwi's are the so called outdoor type?!


In completing this task, though I may not be a true New Zealander based upon culture, language or past, with reading new things about the country I live in, I have realised I am one with this country through or throughout blood.

My next steps in learning in relation to this task are to... identify how my language, culture, and who I am relates to the country I live in (Aotearoa - New Zealand).

My main difficulties in this task was recognizing historic names in New Zealand such as.. for example Sir Ernest Rutherford which after research I was able to learn the atom in the 20th century. 

Image result for new zealand

What are your thoughts or feedback on the task just completed?

Please leave a helpful piece of advice or feedback, for me to use further in the future with my next Winter Learning Journey blog posts.

Kind Regards,
- Your blogger Losana 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Losana,

Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am SO excited to see students from Tamaki Primary joining our programme this year. This is a first for the holiday blogging programme and we couldn't be happier!

On a personal note, I really want to compliment you on your fabulous blog post. It was informative, entertaining, insightful and very comprehensive. Wow - you provided us with so much great information and colourful, eye-catching graphics. Well done!

I particularly enjoyed reading the three facts that you chose to share. Did you know that we actually have an activity later in the Winter Learning Journey programme dedicated to Sir Edmund Hilary? I hope that you will have time to complete it...

In the meantime, thanks again for joining our programme. I'm already looking forward to reading your next post!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

Post a Comment