Tuesday 7 March 2017

๐ŸKiwi Can Reflection ๐Ÿ

Image result for kiwi can
IALT: reflect on Kiwi Can

For the next 3 weeks in our Kiwi Can lessons, we will be talking about contribution! Last week it was all about Positive Communication!

Today at Kiwi Can, it was different to the way we begin our lessons. This time we were asked to put ourselves into 4 different groups. The people, I was in the same group with... was,
  • Ana
  • Akanesi
  • Toma
  • Sene
  • Leilani
  • Losana (Myself)
Mr M, said a greeting in a different language, and the aim of the first thing was to have a Growth Mindset, and guess which country the Greeting is from! The greeting he used was Aloha, as soon as he said that everyone yelled out Hawaii. So then it was the end of the game, and we got on with our lesson!

Our energizer was called 15 seconds. In this game we had to turn to one person and talk about your favouirte food, favouirte colour, favouirte weekend, and if you had a choice where would you pick to go for a holiday destination. The first buddy I was put with was Ana. I learnt that her favouirte food was KFC, her favouirte colour was BLUE, Her favouirte weekend was going to church, with her favouirte holiday destination which was Dubai. The next person I was caught up with was Leilani, Her favouirte food, is fettuccine, her favouirte colour is blue, her favouirte weekend was sleeping in, and lastly her holiday destination was Fiji, or Tonga. So I guess you get the point of this activity! To me, from my perspective, this activity was meant to help for you to get to know your classroom peers, much more better!

Image result for team

Our next task was about what a disagreement is.. Some answers we got were very interesting! I found it very easy for me to answer, which I did participate with my answer which was... "A disagreement is 2 different viewpoints, to one thing"! 

It was our activity and we were ready to move. There were 4 different groups as I said before, and 2 groups would play against 1 team, and the other 2 would play against the other. The game was a maze game, there were 9 chairs and the first chair would either be blue or grey, the rest of the chairs except for the first and last chairs! The other 7 chairs would be the oppsite colour! There were amy maze's to the chairs, and each group would send 1 player up at the time. We played and played and thought about new ways and strategies to complete the maze! I was the 1st person in my team to get one point for us, using everyone's teamwork and participation. Then the 2 winners from each individual match would go head to head, which was my team, and another group which had the players...
  • Siale
  • Metui
  • Gary
  • Aumau
  • Matthew
And many more players, which I can't seem to remember who they were. But something I can remember from there team, was they were a team with full boys!

Image result for team

Anyways, it was the end of the game and the score was 2-3 luckily with relief and happiness we were in the lead by 1! We were so happy, and we were so happy! The again, we were also humble at the same time.

It was the end of lesson, and I felt as if I needed to think about what I found challenging which was that I was struggling to listen to my team when 10 different direction were being said to me. It confused me, but at the same time I was able to understand why my team was like that!

Image result for team

One thing I loved to do while being at Kiwi Can was when we formed a team, it wasn't all boys or all girls, we were able to mix ourselves maturely.

Have you ever been to a Kiwi Can lesson?
IF yes, what was your highlight? & Why

If anything something I learnt and I look forward to carry out through my future in life, is that there is NO I in team.

Please leave a comment below...
Many Thanks


0 comments:

Post a Comment