Wednesday 1 March 2017

๐Ÿž️Dunkirk Creek Walk Reflction๐Ÿž️

IALT: reflect on Room 9 & Room 3 Dunkirk Creek Walk

Image result for creek pollution

Yesterday at 2.00 (PM) Room 9 & 3 travelled using our legs, to the Dunkirk Creek. The reason behind us going to the Dunkirk Creek, was to find real life things of the images provided for us to tick of. Another reason why is because Tamaki Primary is adopting that part of the creek, because we are learning about Pollution for Inquiry this year. We were given sheets of paper, to complete about how OUR BUDDY felt while being on this experince. You might be wondering about what I mean when I say that, well we went in out buddy classes, and we also went with a extra teacher, for extra supervision incase of any injuries or medical issues, which was Miss Thompson. Anyways, My Buddy was Sarah, and today in the middle block for 45 minutes we completed this task using paper and pen only. There questions, asked and answers expected to be delivered.

Sarah's Reflection:

What did we do?
First we went on a walk to the creek. We went to the Dunkirk Creek. 

Then we went for a walk on the other side of the Creek, looking for the pictures on the paper. We saw heaps of things like Eels, Trees, Spikes, and Pipes.

Next we, found all the pictures on the paper, and we were tired and ready to go back to school.

Finally we walked back to school, and it was home time!

Thoughts/Feelings

I thought what we did was fun because, we saw heaps of new things.

I felt HAPPY because I got to walk around and see new things.

What did we see?

On the walk we saw trees.

Once we got to the creek we saw bushes.

We also saw an eel.

I thought the walk was tiring because it took long.

On the walk I felt excited because we were nearly there.

What is a creek?

A creek is a place where eels and were dirty water is, with pipes. It is a short water way to the see.

What did we see in the creek?

We saw WATER POLLUTION

We saw a EEL

We also saw RUBBISH

Thoughts/Feelings

I thought what I saw was cool because it was fun to look at

I felt excited and happy about what I saw because I learnt new things

What did we see around the creek?

We saw rocks, 

We also saw trees,

And around the creek there was spiked trees and bushes

What I enjoyed about our walk?

  • Seeing new things
  • Taking a walk together
  • Seeing Eels
  • Walking around exploring
What I would like to do on a walk next time?

  • Look at everything
  • Look for MORE EELS
  • Look out for Water Rats
Image result for creek pollution

I hope you understand the point of this activity. If not, then the point of this activity was to help for our Buddy to have a better vision of what happened while we were at the Dunkirk Creek.

Image result for creek pollution

Please leave a comment below, and Thank you for viewing


๐Ÿ‘Many Thanks

0 comments:

Post a Comment