Wednesday 8 March 2017

💰5kgs Of Coins Found Inside A Turtle 💰

IALT: reflect on an article based on how 5kgs worth of coins was found inside a turtle!

After reading a shocking article, on Kiwi Kids News a vet has shockingly found 5kgs worth of coins inside a turtle. The turtle is known as Omsin, which in translation of Thai.. means Piggy Bank. They say the turtle had eating 900 coins, which were put in enclosure for good luck. Authorities say that the 900 coins found inside Omsin, weighed 5kgs, along with another 59kgs, which was Omsin himself. The vet, who performed the 7 hour operation, in order to remove the 5kgs, or 900 coins inside Osmin, say that it was the world's first such surgery. 


After reading this article, it has changed a few of my thoughts on turtles. Firstly, because I had no idea turtles were capable, of holding 5kgs worth of coins inside of them. Come to think of it, I think this article, would probably change a lot of people's thoughts, related to turtles. Knowing that in order to set the coins free inside of the turtle, they had to perform up to a 7 hours surgery! 

Overall, something I struggled with while completing this task was having to talk about how a turtle had eaten upto 900 coins which weighed a shocking 5kgs. Throughout, all the article's I have/had read related to turtles, or animals this is the article which stands out to me. The reason why it stands out to me is because, most articles I write about, based on animals does not change my viewpoint, or perspective based on the animal, I read about but this particular article has helped me have a much stronger and better understanding to see what turtles are really capeable of.


What are your thoughts on this article?
Has reading this article, helped to change your mindset about turtles,
Why, or Why not?

Please leave a comment below,
Many Thanks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment