Wednesday 1 March 2017

♨️️ Air Pollution Tied To Millions Of Preterm Births♨️️

IALT: reflect on an article I've read about how Outdoor Air Pollution is to million of pre-term births

According to an article I've read on the website Science Daily, which will  be provided below in order for you to view yourself, it states that Outdoor Air Pollution is tied to 2.7 millions of preterm births. It also states in this short descriptive article that there is a chance of neurologic disabilities through long term birth. When a child is born (preterm) there is a huge chance death toward it's birth, if the child is less than 37 weeks. The facts of 2.7 million preterm births was found in 2010, from the University of YORK. Also in 2010 did you know that they had estimated that 14.9 million births were preterm births. Another word, or way of saying preterm births, is also premature labour. Did you also know that 45 percent of the European countries were premature labour, but in 15-18 percent of the South Asia were also premature labour.

I think this is horrible, knowing that premature labour could kill a child using air pollution, or even being around air pollution. Knowing that some children could given birth my premature labour and dieing by Air Pollution. As I read through this article a lot occured to my head, for example if air pollution could kill a child less than 37 weeks old, what other types of pollution could kill a child? Premature labour is a way of saying when your child is born earlier, than the date expected, knowing they could die because of that is shocking because I myself was an early birth child.

One thing I enjoyed about reading this article is that in South Asia, only 15 percent of the women their gave birth by premature labour, which is a whole lot safer and better than 45 percent in Europe. One thing I found challenging about this article, was finding out, and believing that children less than 37 weeks old could die due to air pollution.

LINK to article

Please leave a helpful, thoughtful comment below.
👍Many Thanks

1 comments:

Ms. Komor said...

We do not always realise how our actions towards the environment can affect us negatively.
As I read your comment that said: If air pollution could kill a child less than 37 weeks old, what other types of pollution could kill a child?, it got me thinking... 'What other types of pollution could kill adults or animals as well as children?...What am I doing that contributes to the pollution we currently have? I liked how you extended your ideas and you were able to look at them in a new way seeing as you too were a pre term baby. Nicely done Losana!

Post a Comment