Monday 29 May 2017

÷ Maths - Using all 4 Operations ÷

IALT: reflect on part of the Maths task I completed with my peer(s)!

Today I worked with Leilani more on our Maths task. With ALL problems given we had to solve them using all 4 operations.. which mean from Subtraction, Multiplication, Addition all the way to Division. This challenged my knowledge because I wasn't sure about a majority of the the problems but after working with Leilani I was able to understand her point, and from her perspective I was able to create my own. We worked on 5-6 different problems, and I'm here to ask for you feedback on some of the problems that are still unsolved.

After working on this task it has helped me realize when you get another's perspective it can help you in a lot of different area's and ways. I also realized maybe next time when I'm stuck I can get not only 1 perspective from my peers but a majority of them (2-3).

Image result for maths

Here is our Maths:

Activity
  1. Ari was ordering 4 tickets for a concert .He multiplied the ticket price payed by four and added on the Booking Fee of $6.He got $70.How much did one ticket cost?
Answer: $14 because 6 x 4 = 24 and 24 - 70 = 46

46 ÷ 4 = 14 so one ticket is $14


2. Sam bought Three Identical watches.He paid a total of $90.The watch had a $5 discount.How much was each watch before the discount was taken off?
Answer:30 because the question says how much was each watch before the discount was taken off

3. Indira bought 85 meters of ribbon to sew around the bottom of the dance skirts.She used 13m for her own skirt.
Six girls in her dance class shared the rest equally.
What length of ribbon did the each get?
Answer: 12 meters because 85 - 13 = 72  and 72 ÷ 6 equals 12. I took 13 away from the 85 because Indira used it which left us with 72.

4.  Petra works in a bakery.
It takes 26 minutes to make a batch of scone and 39 minutes to make 4 plates of filled rolls.How long will it take for Petra to make 4 batches of scones and 16 plates of filled rolls?
Answer: It will take petrea 104 minutes to make 4 batches of scones because if it takes her 26 minutes to make one you write 26 x 4 because you want 4 batches which equals 104.

It will take Petra 156 minutes to make 16 plates of because if she can make 4 plates of rolls in 39 minutes you multiply 39 by 4 because since 4 x 4 equals 16.Then you get the answer 156.

5. Hirini built some steps up the hill to the Marae. There were 96 steps all together. They went up in groups of six with the landing between. How many landings would their be if their was a landing at the bottom and the top? 16 x 6 = 96, 96 ÷ 6 = 16,


Image result for maths

Something that really challenged me was questions  with a whole lot of different numbers, from 17, to 5, and even 22. But after getting help to help ME more, I was able to lead them into my own words, my own perspective, and also my own personal understanding.

In maths, something I think I could improve on next time was not just getting one of my peers understandings, or perspectives but also my teachers, or peers and classmates from other classrooms.

What are your thoughts on our maths task? DO you have any feedback that can help us solve more of these types of problems, along with your own personal educational understandings?

Please comment below...
Thank for viewing... :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment