Thursday 25 May 2017

🚂 Hard Materials Reflection 🚂

IALT: reflect on my Hard Materials reflection

Today with our technology groups we all switched. So the former cooking group moved to Hard Materials, Hard Materials moved to Graphics, and Graphics moved to Cooking. It was a bit weird at first because with me I usually use to walking in and putting on my apron, and getting my cooking ingredients out... but this week it was different, to different. I walked in and sat down ready to be showed and taught new things. We went through all the rules at first which didn't take very long. Mr Grundy (Hard Materials Teacher) only had 5 main rules which applies while staying in his classroom. Which is,

  • Don't fiddle - Dont touch others belongings
  • Stools have 4 legs for a reason - Sit properly on your chair
  • Closed In Shoes - Make sure you're always wearing closed in shoes
  • Go before you come - Make sure you go bathroom before entering the room 
  • Stay put - Stay in one place before accidents happen
So to get started with making our designs... We had to PLAN then. We had to plan up to 10 different idea's on what to make before making our mind(s) up on which 1 design we would choose to make. I only got up to planning and designing 3 ideas which was.. A birdhouse, A ship, and also a box. Mr Grundy said that in order to create your design it had to have a purposeful meaning to it. For example if I were to make a box the meaning or the purpose for making this box was to put things in it and to clear up space.

Here is a photo of some Hard Material design, I found online.
Image result for hard material designs school

Something I found challenging about this activity was that I wasn't able to focus properly. For example usually my mind would be able to easily think and adapt to new things but because I've never been in a class like this my mind or I needed to get use to somethings. Or in other words a new classroom.

But one thing I admire about this class is that you get to choose what you make, and with what you choose is what you think you're capeable to do.

Please leave a comment with your thoughts on this?!

Thanks :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment