Tuesday 7 February 2017

🤗My Long Holiday... (Waitangi Day)🤗

I am learning to reflect and blog about something I did interesting in the weekends. 

While you read through my reflection you find that I wrote about Waitangi Day. The reason I wrote about Waitangi Day, was because on Monday we as a country had a public Holiday because of Waitangi Day. There will be information about this specific public holiday.. and also descriptions about what I had done on Saturday and Sunday!!!

...MY LONG WEEKEND REFLECTION...

…!SATURDAY!...
On Saturday Morning.. My church had a netball tournament with other cluster of churches! I went with my family, as in my parents, and my sisters, and one of my brothers AMON! By this I mean there is a lot of churches like mines, just in different destinations. We basically pray for the same thing.. but the main reason why we have them in different places, is mainly because not everyone lives around the same area, and so to make things easier and less difficult for parents, and adults we've decided to spread out a majority of churches in.. Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, mainly just around New Zealand. So on Saturday, we all gathered to the AMI Netball Centre, and all the churches played one another hoping to make it to Semi-Finals, and Finals. There were many things to give out from Trophies to Vouchers! I was a supporter for my church, basically because... Well?! I wasn't playing! The interesting thing was that, they were also holding Volleyball there for all churches! Many people played.. and many people supported one another. Many different things were happening all at one time.. A lot of people were multi-tasking which was interesting.. knowing that I was reading about an article about Multi-tasking last week. There were people running and drinks, talking, laughing and eating... and lastly playing the game and still talking to each other! The drinks were gone, and the day got hotter, as the sun past by every second before sunset came around. At the end of the games, they announced the winners.. 1st place for Volleyball MIXED team, and Mens, Womens, Kids.. and so on! All the same for Netball to. The MIXED Volleyball team at my church won 1st place.. which was amazing! Not only were they giving trophies out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place but also individual certificates to individual people, that they had thought stood out to them.. and they were giving these certificates away to basically anyone that was at the games, from any church! They also announced who was in Finals, and if your church made it to finals you would have to come back on Monday to the same destination and play off the rest of the churches that also had made it to FINALS! At the end of everything, the whole church gathered back at their own churches, and celebrated what they had placed and what they had achieved as a team! We as a church got our priest and took pictures with the church of what we won and earned as a team, with a group effort!

…!SUNDAY!...
On Sunday morning, I wake up got ready for sunday school and rushed of to church. In Sunday school we get put in different classes with people that have the same age as you. You learn about something that had happend in the bibles past and talk about it as a group.By this I mean we would go to church and pray more for what we want in order to have a positive or safe environment. But this sunday was the first sunday of the new month which was February! So.. every first sunday of a new month people would stand at a certain time and pray for something personal that they want in order to make them happy! We would also stand and think about the choices we made and what we could approve on. We also would listen while a certain man who is picked, would talk about a verse in the bible and he would talk about, how what he talked about could change us for the better, and could make our environment a better place. We sang him’s in tongan, and listened to different stories of the bible! I had fun on Sunday learning about new things from the bible...!!!

!WAITANGI DAY!
Why did we have a PUBLIC Holiday on MONDAY??
The reason we had a public holiday on Monday was because of Waitangi Day… Every year on the 6th of February that is the date known as Waitangi Day. The reason why we celebrate Waitangi Day is because, we celebrate the signing of the Waitangi Treaty in the year 1840.  Some people see Waitangi day as a holiday but others, especially the Maori’s see it as a reflection on the signing of the Treaty. Did you know that Waitangi Day is recognized as New Zealand's National Day! Also Waitangi Day is an important marker, on the country's history, (New Zealand)! Honestly, I didn’t properly understand why we have a public holiday on Waitangi Day. Until I had the opportunity to research and learn new things.

I hope you've enjoyed reading my Weekend reflection, and Thank you for viewing!
*Many Thanks*


0 comments:

Post a Comment