Wednesday 25 October 2017

Maths - Recalling Basic Facts Quickly

Image result for maths
IALT: recall my basic facts quickly.

For maths for the first hour Number Ninja's, had to recall our basic facts.. then for the other hour we would be with Miss Komor to review on what we did during that time.

At the moment myself, Rosemary, and Leilani are working on recalling our basic facts. I completed a against the clock worksheet with mixed operations to familiarise myself with recalling my basic facts.

My biggest challenge while completing this was completing this worksheet fast. With me I like to take my time, and find my own speed. I was able to quickly find the answer but writing it and moving onto the next one was a bit hard. Sometimes i would confuse the answers to specific questions leading me in answering the wrong question with the wrong answer. I also need to work on listing or explaining my strategy. I'm stuck on finding the answer and giving my strategy. 

Image result for shooting hoops

TEACHER TIME!

After being with Miss Komor, we were given a task. From yesterday's maths task (shooting balls) to find the percentage of our shooting, we had 3 rounds of 12 balls per person. We would negotiate how many shots we got in our of the 3 rounds.. then we would find the percentage to each round.. moving on towards adding all the percentages up.. and multiplying that answer by 3.

This is a bit difficult, I've never had to add up percentages, ans divide them like this. But I look forward to working with my peers in completing this task. I might be able to learn a little something, something from them!

My next steps is to share and exchange idea's in order to make things easier for our group. I also look forward in seeing how many shots the competitive boys team were able to get in.. knowing they were a bit too confident. Though I believe maths was fun and exciting too. I can't wait for the next task!

What are your thoughts?

Please leave a comment down below for me to view.. note: please include positive feedback and feedforward for me to view and use in the future.

Gratefully Appreciated,

0 comments:

Post a Comment