Thursday 20 April 2017

Basetball Reflection

IALT: improve on my shooting skills, dribbling skills, and running skills in basketball.

Image result for basketball running

In this lesson, was our last lesson.. and honestly it was the best lesson (in my opinion). Therefore this lesson wasn't perfect I still had some challenges! So today we played to different games... "The Golden Child" which you may be familiar with if you have read my further "Kiwi Sport Reflections", and also "Sideline Basketball"! Sideline basketball is a game of 2 teams standing opposite each other, when a number is called for example "3", 3 players from each team would run before the basketball hoop, run towards the center of the basketball court grab the ball and go for gold. Our 2 team names were the same 2 for "The Golden Child" which was "Mene" & "Cavs"! I was in the team of the "Menes", which I hope to find the definition and reason for naming our team that! Because I have no idea why?! Anyways view and read my reflection below this text... Here it goes!

Image result for basketball shooting

In this lesson what I found a real struggle, was shooting! When we played "The Golden Child", the most part of the game was to aim, shoot and score! But.. For some reason this was my least favouirte game, mainly because when I shoot at times I don't get it in, and my peers or team are never there to give me the surrport I need! When I miss a shot it's mainly "Ohh Gosh Man", or "Why are you even playing?", but it wasn't as bad this time I was able to take the heat as I saw some people having great frustration when losing came along. In the long run I hope to see this not as a struggle, but a goal for not only me but also my peers! The one thing I really enjoyed, and admired about this lesson was the teamwork, and participation! Though some people were being really negative about losing when they were able to block those negative thoughts, and feelings out the  teams we played in seemed much more fun than before! Firstly, everyone got the ball, Secondly I was able to enjoy myself, and lastly not only did we have fun as a class but we learnt more about this sport at the same time!  But if I had to be honest about my own personal dislikes of this lesson it would have to be the fact that some people in the team let their eager and love for playing basketball, get in the way of sharing the ball, and including others in the team! But some also just decided to share the ball between their gender, because the oppsite gender wasn't good enough?! But as I said before I hop to turn this from a dislike, to an "achieving" or "achieving goal"!  Personally, my own personal feelings and thoughts on this lesson was that this lesson brought those who thought boys are better than girls, or girls are better than boys to play as one! Though, we didn't just have a good time but we were also able to develop and see for ourselves the skills our peers have in the sport! So.. I hope whatever our next sport for "Kiwisport " it can bring us just as close in sports, skills, and recognizing your peers likes and dislikes of the sport! Because basketball has done it for me, and room 9!

Image result for basketball dribbling

What are thoughts on this article?
How do you think I can improve on the things I think I need to improve on, and how do you think I can turn those dislikes into likes?

Please leave a comment below, and I'll get back to you!
Thanks for viewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment