Tuesday 6 September 2016

My Newspaper Article - "I thought I was dying, says mum"

I am learning to summarise a Newspaper Article.

Summary: 

Thursday 18th August 2016
Through reading this Newspaper Article, it informs myself about a first time mother (Elisa Edgington) , that had believed she was dying while losing tons and tons, of blood 8 days after giving BIRTH to her daughter "Amaia". She fell to the bathroom floor losing blood at tense speed, she then explained, that she called "111" North Shore Hospital's Emergency Department. When she was stable and in the North Shore Hospital's Emergency Department, 15 minutes after the Doctor who had treated her took her to the Theater. It also informs us 469 People registered on top of the 291 people on Tuesday 16th August 2016. Elisa Edgington was then able to gain 5kgs, back of blood which was the Blood Service's minimum Requirement!  

My Opinion:
My opinion on this life threatening Newspaper Article, is that once a mother/women has given birth I believe, tests should be tested on them, to make sure once they've been discharged from the "Hospital" they've been staying in.... that when they make their way home the Doctors/Nurses know the patient discharged is 100% safe. Also if a child 8 days of age, were to lose her mother because she ran out of blood, related to her giving birth, the child would've had to grow up knowing that the only thing she knew, was 8 days after she was born her mother bleed to death related to her giving birth!

This is my Newspaper Article... Thank you
Please leave a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment