Thursday 9 November 2017

Maths - Reflection

Image result for maths

IALT: work these word problems, and show my strategy.

So for Maths, we started a bit late because of the Manaiakalani Film Festival presenters rehearsal, but we still made it, in time for the 2nd part of the task. Which was.. for 'Number Ninjas' word problems. There were 3 different word problems, and our intention was for us to solve this and show how, (strategy), we solved it.

Word Problem 1:

Strategy:

5 x 5 = 25

5 from the motorbikes, 5 from the row.

Word Problem 2:

15 ÷ 3 = 5

15 from the players on court, 3 from the 3 thirds of the court

Word Problem 3:



84 - 7 = 77

84 from the cards, 7 from the cards that were taken away
As you can see above are all the problems (3 word problems), along with the strategies I used to complete the questions.
What I found easy during this task was explaining my strategy. The questions that were given were leveled to a stage 6 question(s). All 3 word problems were given to the whole of the class to work with.
Something I found easy, solving and understanding what the word problem was asking for me to do. Whether it was to divide, subtract, or multiply.
What are your thoughts on this? & How do think I can improve with my maths in the future.
Please leave a comment down below for me to view in the future!
Muchly Appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment